Got questions? Go ahead: Ask me anything!
Are the benefits of getting Amazon Prime worth the cost?
We buy a LOT from Amazon, so the free shipping is valuable to us.
But that's not all Prime has to offer. In addition to the shipping (which is contiguous U.S. only and only on items marked "Prime", but there are many in every category), Prime membership gets you:
- Kindle Lending Library - borrow Kindle books at no charge. You MUST own a Kindle device, though - you cannot use Kindle reader for these. (U.S. only)
- Kindle First - one free book per month - Kindle owners only, U.S. only.
- Streaming movies and unique series free on the Amazon Instant video streaming service. Not everything is free, but there is a decent amount. (U.S. and Puerto Rico only)
- Free one day delivery in some larger cities
- Free (and ad free) access to Prime Music. You can't find everything there, but there is a lot (U.S. and Puerto Rico only).
- Certain Prime only programs like Amazon Elements and Prime Pantry
- Occasional special offers and early access to new products - we bought our Echo using that.
- Unlimited Prime Photo storage
We do have a Kindle, so the free Kindle Lending Library is something we use sometimes. Most of what they have is low value fiction, but now and then we find something worth reading. The streaming movies and Amazon produced series are very worthwhile, although I detest their awful interface - if they'd fix that, we'd use it more. We also stream a lot of music since we bought their Echo product. I was using their photo storage too, but now that Google is free, that's better.
We didn't like Prime Pantry or Amazon Elements.
So, definitely worth the $100 for us. For you?
Amazon Prime Benefits
Got something to add? Send me email.
Increase ad revenue 50-250% with Ezoic
More Articles by Anthony Lawrence
Find me on Google+
© 2015-07-02 Anthony Lawrence