I wonder if anyone can help with an issue we are having trying to setup a printer on a new Unix server box via Serial Printing. Details as follows:
- System is SCO Openserver 6 with Pack 2 installed
- System is a Fujitsu Seimens Box, P4 3 GHz, 512 Mb RAM, 40Gb HDD, installed with a Perle Multiport SX Card (PCI), LAN Card (IBM - PCI) and SCSI Card (Adaptec - PCI)
- Simply put we are trying to print to an Epson LQ 2170 printer via the Perle card throught a Specialix box, connected via RS232 converted to 25 pin D SUB into a serial card in the printer,
- However - is printing garbage to the printer, we need it setting up onto 9600, as 4800 does not work at all!! - i.e nothing prints, but at 9600 something prints.
- Have checked docuements on this site, have got Baud rates (setup via DIPs on serial board in printer, via Perle setup util and via STTY), Software and Hardware controls set (all same as above), all such like set, yet is still printing rubbish.
- Have tried difference serial card in printer - same, have printed outputs to WYSE terminal - are getting mixed results with changing settings, when we get it working, we re-attach to printer - garbage again, have tried a difference printer - same, different cables and box - same!!
- Wonder if anyone could help / knows of issues with this setup / stop me bashing my head against brick wall??
Thanks for reading / posting
If you found something useful today, please consider a small donation.
Got something to add? Send me email.
More Articles by Andy © 2009-11-07 Andy
The use of COBOL cripples the mind; its teaching should, therefore, be regarded as a criminal offence. (Edsger W. Dijkstra)