Got questions? Go ahead: Ask me anything!
How can I open a port into our LAN remotely through the Kerio router? I have followed the directions but it doesn't work.
Assuming your rule is correct (and it is worth double checking), these things usually turn out to be one or more of the following:
- the tech gave you the wrong internal IP (so many times they've done that to me)
- it's the right IP but the wrong port (again, surprising how often they don't even know their own equipment)
- they never started the service on the destination machine ("I was waiting for you to do the forwarding!")
- a firewall on the destination machine is blocking the port.
- the target machine is not using the Kerio Control system as its default gateway.
A little sleuthing, perhaps augmented with packet examination in the Debug log can usually point you to the right place.
Configuring traffic rules on Kerio Control
Got something to add? Send me email.
Increase ad revenue 50-250% with Ezoic
More Articles by Anthony Lawrence
Find me on Google+
© 2015-07-21 Anthony Lawrence